Handling & Transportation
Carry your cakes carefully.
1. Bags and boxes should be held upright, steady and level to avoid decorations from falling off
2. Try not to hold more than one bag in one hand as this will make the cakes tilt and slide.
3. Cakes shouldn’t be stacked on top of each
4. If transporting by car, please place cake boxes onto a level, non-slip surface and try to avoid bumpy roads!
5. Long journeys can cause the icing or ganache to soften, and on this basis please try to avoid your purchase being left outside the fridge for more than 30 minutes (or about 15 minutes in warm weather)
Please ensure that you read the information carefully as we cannot be held liable for damaged items caused by incorrect handling and transportation, once the purchase has been handed over to the customer.
Please transfer your cakes into the fridge as soon as possible, and keep them away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
Serve & enjoy
All cakes taste at their best if eaten at room temperature on the day of purchase.
For maximum flavour and a soft, moist texture we recommend removing whole cakes from the fridge about 45 to 60 minutes before consumption,(subject to room temperature). If your cake sponge still appears hard, this means that it hasn’t reached normal room temperature, so just leave it out for a little longer.
Cutting the cake
1. Remove any candles, decorations, (if applicable) before slicing your cake.
2. Layer cakes are best sliced with a large plain edged kitchen knife.
3. Cold buttercream or ganache can stick to a knife and make the cake crumble when slicing. To ensure neat, smooth slices, simply have a jug with hot water and a kitchen cloth at hand to dip and wipe the knife blade regularly between slices.
4 . To lift your slice off the cake board, use a cake slice lifter or palette knife.
Your order may include non-edible decorations or components. Please ensure that these are removed before cutting and serving the cake.